The majority of our families utilize the After School Program because of their employment schedules and their interest in the activities that we provide for our students during this time.
As a part of the After School Program:
- First Graders attend a teacher-supervised study hall from 3:30-4:00 PM.
- Second through Fifth Grade classes attend a teacher-supervised study hall from 3:30-4:30 PM.
After study hall, the After School Program offers choice options on a daily rotation to assure an assortment of learning and social experiences. A variety of options are available, such as:
- Homework Club (for students who request additional study hall)
- Craft Corner
- Music and Movement
- Whole Group Games – Charades, BINGO, etc.
- Board Game Bonanza
- Science Theater
The Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten After School Program is also choice based:
- Options include dramatic play, blocks, art, computer, puzzles, manipulative play, play dough, book nook, music and movement, and educational videos.
- The center and station-based structure provides younger students with the opportunity to engage in an array of educational play.